Elevate’s unique, relationship-based approach employs staff who represent the community they serve. Part teacher, part mentor, part life coach, our dedicated team members make themselves available 24/7 to build relationships with students. The strength of these relationships is developed through four key program components.
COLLEGE & CAREER
what makes us unique
- Teacher-mentors are hired from the community or similar backgrounds, so they can relate to the students and serve as role models.
- Our teacher-mentors work with students from year to year, allowing for a “pipeline” of influence from 2nd through 12th grade.
- We focus students’ attention and energy into four program areas: Accredited Classes, Mentoring, Adventure, and College & Career.
- Cross-age mentoring allows high school students to visit a local elementary school each week to teach the same character qualities and life skills they are learning in class; becoming leaders and role models.
- Our year-round programming ensures students stay engaged.
Building character and life skills
- Elective accredited classes taught in public schools
- Year-long, day-by-day curriculum which focuses on Elevate’s 13 key character qualities and life skills
- Fully aligned with Common Core State Standards and Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) Competencies
- Students collaborate through experiential learning, group activities and discussions
- Cross-age mentoring occurs when high school students teach similar lessons to elementary age students weekly
- Click here for an in-depth description of the curriculum
Walking alongside students
- Teacher-mentors spend 50% of their time outside of the classroom mentoring high school and middle school students
- Teacher-mentors are available to their studetns on evenings, weekends, and over the summer
- Teacher-mentors pay attention to the whole child – discovering their talents, interests, and hopes for the future through activities and quality time
- Teacher-mentors represent a positive role model in a student’s life, influencing the trajectory of their future
Growth through challenge
- Elevate believes in pushing students to build confidence in their own abilities by exploring life beyond their comfort zone
- Through new and challenging experiences, students are developing teamwork and leadership skills
- Adventure activities include hiking, rock climbing, biking, and more
college & career
The next step
At Elevate New England we know that high school graduation day is just the beginning. We provide support to students taking their next steps by assisting with:
- Career planning
- College scholarships
- Admission applications process
- Running interview practice sessions
- Exam preparation