Elevate’s unique, relationship-based approach employs staff who represent the community they serve. Part teacher, part mentor, part life coach, our dedicated team members make themselves available 24/7 to build relationships with students. The strength of these relationships is developed through four key program components.
COLLEGE & CAREER
what makes us unique
- Teacher-Mentors are hired from the communities we serve, so are representative of the students they work with and better able to relate to them and serve as role models.
- Our Teacher-Mentors work with students from year to year, creating a “pipeline of influence” from 3rd through 12th grade and beyond.
- We focus students’ attention and energy into four program areas: Accredited Classes, Mentoring, Adventure, and College & Career.
- Cross-age mentoring has our high school students travelling each week to an elementary school to teach 3rd and 4th graders the same character qualities and life skills they have learned, thus becoming leaders and role models themselves.
- Our year-round programming ensures students stay engaged.
Building character and life skills
- Elective accredited classes taught in public schools
- Year-long, day-by-day curriculum which focuses on Elevate’s 13 key character qualities and life skills
- Fully aligned with Common Core State Standards and Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) Competencies
- Students collaborate through experiential learning, group activities and discussions
- Cross-age mentoring occurs when high school students teach similar lessons to elementary age students weekly
- Click here for an in-depth description of the curriculum
Walking alongside students
- Teacher-Mentors spend 50% of their time outside of the classroom mentoring high school and middle school students
- Teacher-Mentors are available to their students on evenings, weekends, and over the summer
- Teacher-Mentors pay attention to the whole child – discovering their talents, interests, and hopes for the future through activities and quality time
- Teacher-Mentors represent a positive role model in a student’s life, influencing the trajectory of their future
Growth through challenge
- Elevate believes in pushing students to build confidence in their own abilities by exploring life beyond their comfort zone
- Through new and challenging experiences, students develop teamwork, leadership skills and grit.
- Adventure activities include hiking, rock climbing, biking, and more
college & career
The next step
At Elevate New England, we know that high school graduation is just the beginning. Elevate students move on in one of four arenas:
- First job in a career track
- Trade school of vocational training
Our Pathways Manager keeps track of every one of them and mentoring continues, as needed, to guarantee success. For students headed for college, we help them access scholarships, navigate through the admissions process, and do practice interviews.